"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies." Psalm 36:5

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Oil Has Arrived...sob...sob

I so hate to have to report this but the oil has arrived here.  Tar balls have been washing ashore here since Thursday night, even creeping into the protected bay area of St. Andrews State Park where I took and posted the photos last week.  I haven't had time to go out and get any photos myself but Sandcastle Momma, who lives down the road in Destin, just posted recent pics & excellent commentary of her area...just follow this link to see the updates...
http://sandcastlemomma.blogspot.com/

I'll try and get some photos of our beaches posted soon...let's please all pray that they'll be able to stop the leak and eventually get everything cleaned up and back to the beautiful way the good Lord created it.

No comments:

Post a Comment